Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nice Cans !

I have the day off today. These days are so few and far between it would seem. I have the whole day to do the things I want and need to do, and yet I can’t seem to be pulled away from the interior of the house. The cats are happy to sit on me, as if I have become a piece of furniture. The vibrating massage chair for felines.
I did manage to get up and get the rubbish collected and out the door for the once a week garbage limo that saunters down my lane every Monday. I think the guy that collects it outwardly hates my can. He seems to molest and dismember it every Monday. I find the lid across five front yards and the handle somewhere in the tree that seems to be the only mute witness to the weekly atrocities. My mother would put cookies and a cup of cocoa or coffee out there sometimes. I thought that was ridiculous on numerous levels. Who would eat cookies without washing their hands? Who would hang off the back of a garbage truck with a snickerdoodle in their teeth and steamy cup of chocolate with mini-marshmallows in their funk-covered glove. How would they know it was for them anyway? What? Leave a note? "Eat me." ?? "This is for you guys." ?? You Guys who?? How do they know it wasn’t a note that got thrown away? If you put a bag of cookies on top of a garbage can, who would eat them? Put it on a separate little table next to the can? Really? They would just think that it’s garbage too and more than likely thow the table in the back of the truck as well! Wouldn’t you? I mean, who’s expecting someone to leave a plate of cookies for the garbage guy? Not MY freekin’ garbage dude, I’ll tell you that right now! He’s too busy practicing for the frisbee golf tournament with the lids to everyones cans!
I worked on thanksgiving. No big whoop. I cooked 11 turkeys, carved 11 turkeys and made enough mac-n-cheese, stuffing and gravy to sink a battleship. I did nibble at the birds I was cutting, I must admit, but never sat down at got jiggy with it, per se.
I am planning to go back home to Kona in January. Back with my friends and their new restaurant endeavor. I am really looking forward to being home and being part of a team that really cares about what they are doing. Not to mention surfing in my old spot!!
I will miss my radio show tremendously. I have quite a fan base built up and quite an extensive collection of music for it. The radio station I was on in Kona has been sold I will not be on the air anymore. That’s a bummer. I guess it’s best not to think about it.
I went roller skating yesterday. I took Diana’s kids and had a blast. We all had such a good time we planned on going every chance we have. Roller skating is like ice cream: Lots of smiles and very few complaints!
I need to get my ass in gear. I have lots of things to do and very little time to do it. I count the hours in the day I have left like people count the hours of sleep they’ll get if they went to bed NOW.
Read more: http://www.myspace.com/dashboardhula/blog#ixzz0yHgruu5b

No comments: